Ivan B. Wallace
Ontario Land Surveyor Ltd.
The History of IBW is a complex one. While the firm was incorporated in 1991 the history actually dates back to 1950 when Graydon T. Horton opened his practice in Ajax, Ontario. The firm that eventually became Horton, Wallace and Davies enjoyed several incarnations such as G.T. Horton and Assoc., Horton, Carr and Haynes, Horton & Haynes, Horton & Wallace before finally becoming Horton, Wallace & Davies in 1980 upon the retirement of Mr. Horton. The firms had offices in Toronto, Ajax, Whitby, Bowmanville, Cobourg, Trenton, Belleville, Stirling, Picton and Haliburton over those 40 years.
The firm’s office all became independent in 1990 as the Quinte and Cobourg offices were sold to their managers and finally the Bowmanville Office became Ivan B. Wallace OLS Ltd. IBW spent the next few decades rebuilding as we reacquired the Northumberland Office and Re-entered Quinte and Prince Edward County with the purchases of Kerry Boehme OLS, Wayne Wollerman and Roger Pickard OLS. Other notable practices purchased were Coutts and Flim, Bill Brick OLS, 43 Degrees North, Keith Lashley OLS, Gary Parker OLS, Charles Riley OLS and Brown and Coggan OLS. Once again our focus is providing quality surveys from Toronto right through to Kingston.
Upon Ivan’s semi-retirement in 2001 the IBW direction was then steered by Crystal Cranch and Gord Wallace until Dave Comery arrived back in 2007 which was the start of our tremendous growth. The timely arrivals of Dwayne Cummings shortly after and Robert Wannack in 2012 rounded out the current IBW directors.
We are now working hard in helping reshape the urban infrastructure with our well guided staff and always the best equipment operated by our dedicated staff.
THE HISTORY OF IBW SURVEYORS
- Ivan B. Wallace Ontario Land Surveyor Ltd was established in Bowmanville, Ontario.
- IBW acquires T.S. Fluke (Peterborough) O.L.S. records.
- IBW acquires Culham Wallace & Davies O.L.S. records.
- IBW acquires Donevan & Richards O.L.S. (Cobourg) records.
- IBW acquires Culham Surveying records IBW acquires Brown & Coggan O.L.S. Ltd. and opens Cobourg Branch Office.
- IBW acquires Kerry Boehme O.L.S. Ltd. and opens Trenton Branch Office.
- IBW acquires J. Vinklers Surveying Ltd.
- IBW opens Toronto Branch Office as Vinklers, Wallace & Ertl O.L.S. Ltd.
- IBW opens Peterborough Branch Office.
- IBW acquires B. Roger Pickard Surveying Ltd. and opens Picton Branch Office.
- IBW amalgamates the Trenton and Picton offices to form one central office in Belleville.
- IBW acquires 43 Degrees North.
- IBW acquires Wayne R. Wollerman.
- IBW amalgamates the Peterborough and Cobourg offices into the Head Office in Bowmanville.
- IBW acquires Coutts and Flim.
- IBW Acquires Smith and Smith Kingston Ltd. Ontario Land Surveyors.
- IBW acquires Tony Staukas Surveying Inc. in Mississauga, Ontario.
- IBW Acquires Meldrum Surveying in Cornwall, Ontario.
Ivan B. Wallace O.L.S Ltd. is in possession of the following Ontario Land Surveyor Records:
B. Roger Pickard/Hume Pickard
Brown & Coggan
Campbell Taylor Smith (541)
Charles Henry Donnelly (1066)
Coutts & Flim
Culham, Wallace & Davies
Donald Campbell Smith (681)
Donevan & Richards (Cobourg)
Friel & Boehme
Friel, Boehme & Hume
Hazen Meldrum, O.L.S. Ltd. (959)
Horton, Wallace & Davies
Keith F. Lashley
Meldrum Surveying Ltd. (959)
Sidney John Glenn Bird
Smith & Smith Kingston Ltd. (SS)
Tony Stauskas Surveying Inc. (1672)
William Lindsay Malcolm (446)
Provide outstanding service across the board by developing and building the strongest team in the industry.