Field Party Chief
The Party Chief completes fieldwork assigned to them while being the leader of a survey crew. As a leader of the survey crew, the Party Chief is responsible for completing all assigned work efficiently and as per both AOLS and IBW Standards.
- Complete SRPR’s, Reference Plans (for new description), Stake Limits, Plan of Survey, Expropriation Plan, and Topographic Surveys
- Completing field notes on all projects at time of performing survey, documenting the field checks and ensuring the notes reflect the work that was completed in the field
- Completing final locates for builders surveys, including documenting the current state of the property on the field notes. The notes should indicate if/how the survey bar was set and checked, where monuments still exist and any fencing or features on or near the boundaries
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of boundary locations, and to identify on site the boundary’s locations along street corridors or subject lands.
- Setting survey bars that have been pre-calculated, and completing field notes to show how the bars were set as well as the appropriate checks on the set bars
- General boundary retracement principles and monument regulations, including recognizing and attempting to re-establish the boundaries from the nearest ascertainable evidence
- Completing field notes on all projects at time of performing survey, documenting the field checks and ensuring the notes reflect the work that was completed in the field.
- Simple cogo calculations on the data collector
- Demonstrate proficiency with all field equipment and competently pair all devices
- Ensuring equipment is in good working order
- Working knowledge of all types of IBW survey equipment